Sunday, March 24, 2013

Books



I'm really excited that the boys enjoy reading books now.  For a long time, they didn't care.  I know how important reading books is to a kid's language development, so was always trying to incorporate reading books into their bedtime or daily routine, but they seemed to have no interest.  They would just run away or play with something else. 

But now, I feel like reading is what the majority of their time at home with us is spent doing (except for when it's nice out...then we're always outside playing).  And I like it.  Sure it gets annoying, reading the same books over and over again, but it's also very satisfying to know that my kids like listening to us read, connecting pictures with words and learning

 I'm fairly confident that if you picked out any random 3 Dr. Suess books, I could probably read the thing by memory, never having to look at the pages.  The boys have learned so much already, and I know they're probably average in where they are right now as far as language and recognition skills, but I'm impressed by every little thing they know.  They know a few colors, the names and sounds of multiple animals, and tons of names of other objects around the house.  It just blows my mind to think of them as once tiny little things in my belly that can now talk to me, name different things and express (some)needs with words.

Love watching my littles grow up, and am enjoying every minute!




No comments:

Post a Comment