Saturday, January 26, 2013

laughter



"I love these little people; and it is not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us." - Charles Dickens


The sound of your kid laughing is one of the best sounds ever.  I'm sure any parent would agree.  I love hearing Judah & Foxx laugh.  

They usually aren't laughing because they think something is funny.  They don't have much of a sense of humor yet. When we walk through their classroom door at daycare to pick them up, they spot us, and immediately start laughing and running toward us with open arms.  They laugh together while playing cars or cooking in their kitchen, or building towers with blocks.  They laugh when I tell them we're going out somewhere.

They laugh when they are happy or excited.  

When was the last time I laughed just because I was happy?  I am happy and content the majority of the time, yet I don't go around laughing everywhere.  But what if we did?  What if we laughed to show our  gladness and joy?  How awesome would the world sound?!

If seeing my kids so happy that they laugh makes me feel unbelievably overjoyed, think of how God must feel with us.  When was the last time we laughed or sang or smiled really big, just because we are happy that we are God's children?  The love that I have for Judah & Foxx is only a fraction of the love that God has for all of us.  I am trying to embrace this more.

I cried the other night when putting my boys to bed.  As I sat there singing a nightly lullaby to them, with their huge little smiles looking up at me, playing with my hair or each other's hands, I could not believe how blessed I am to have these 2 little guys.

I see God's love through my children every single day, and I am so dang thankful.





No comments:

Post a Comment