Monday, October 15, 2012

What We've Been Up To Lately: Quiet Book//Birthday Presents//Weddings//New Job


This is going to be a mash up post of our life happenings as of late.

First of all, I finished the first page of the boys' quiet book!  I'm solo slow when working on this stuff, mainly because I haven't done a lot of sewing before, so it takes me a while to figure things out so that I don't sew something upside down or inside out or what not.  But I'm excited about how this first page turned out, and can't wait to do more!


Just in case you can't tell, the page has a little 3d rocket that is attached to a zipper.  As you pull the rocket up towards the moon, the fabric opens into what is suppose to look like flames coming out of the back of the rocket.  I did make my orange fabric piece a little too small, as it does not come down all the way to the edge of the page.  Oops.  I didn't want to redo it, and I don't think it looks bad enough to warrant a total remake.    

Let me know what you think!  It's my very first time with doing anything like this, so be nice.  

Jeremy's birthday was back in August, and I thought I would share his gifts that I got him, because they're pretty awesome.  First of all, I got him these:


If you know Jeremy at all, you probably know that he is a huge Star Wars fan.  We always make fun of the typical stick-figure-family details, so I thought these would be awesome instead for our car!  He loved them, and was so excited to put them on the back of our car.  


The other part of his birthday present was a surprise date night to The Price Is Right Live Show!  The show came to Nashville a couple weeks ago, and I thought it would be fun for us both to go.  Unfortunately, neither of us got chosen to play, but we had fun watching! (sorry for the dark pics-my cell phone is all I had!)



This past weekend, I had the awesome privilege of being a bridesmaid in one of my best friends' wedding!  The wedding was perfect and beautiful.


Since I had to leave early in the morning the day of the wedding, Jeremy was left to work, pick the boys up from daycare, feed them, clean them, get them dressed and make it to wedding on time...all within like an hour and half.  But he made it!  And the boys looked super cute!

Foxx
Judah

 

                      



The boys had so much fun.  They did awesome, especially since they were out way past their bedtime that night.  They were very good during the  ceremony, loved hanging around all the people, and especially loved dancing with us on the dance floor.  (So wish I had photos of that...but I was busy actually dancing with my boys and not able to take the pictures).  We all had an awesome night.

And lastly, we're excited about Jeremy's new job!  He is now going to be working at The Well, a coffee shop that was started by a few people from our church.  This coffee shop has done surprisingly well.  It is an awesome little shop that gives away all of their profits to a couple different organizations that build wells for people in other countries who do not have access to clean water.  

This coffee shop has really opened my eyes to how much other* coffee shops are just pocketing money.  This place can afford to pay their baristas (not unfairly), keep the place open and thriving, charge cheaper prices for their coffee (not compromising on quality or taste), and still afford to give away a whole lot of money to people who really need it.  

We're so excited that Jeremy has the opportunity  to work for such an awesome place.  He starts in a couple of weeks! 

If you haven't been yet, you should totally go check out The Well.  It's located in Green Hills, right on the corner of Richard Jones rd and Hillsboro.  Not only will you get a great cup of coffee, but you will also be helping people who are less fortunate than yourself.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment