Sunday, September 16, 2012

Running *Link Up week 1


It's done.  Over.  I'm finally cracking down.  I'm going to get back to a regular running routine.  

I miss it, and I've missed for a long time.  Even though I miss it, I somehow always found an excuse.
"I'm too tired."  "I've lost all my baby weight, so I really don't need to go run." "I don't have enough time." "I have to work tonight, so I should rest instead." "I need to give Jeremy a break from watching the boys."  "I need to spend time with the boys instead of going running.".  Those are all excuses that I have made for myself for the past few months.

I've already signed up for a few 5Ks this fall.  I'm doing the Color Run, and the Zombie Run.  I'm so excited for each of them!

In the color run, all the runners where an all white outfit.  At each kilometer, there are tons of people ready to squirt/throw all kinds of color all over you.  The point is to get as colorful as possible!  You're like a human coloring book on the run.

The Zombie run is going to be just as awesome, but also very terrifying.  It works like this:  You have 2 types of runners.  Zombies, and runners.  As a runner, you have flags around your waist, and you are trying to make it to the finish line with your flags still in place.  You will be chased by zombie runners.  As a zombie, you are running the race, but you are chasing the runners and trying to grab their flags.  If a runner gets his/her flags ripped off, then he/she then becomes a zombie and gets to chase down other runners!




So.  Back to my plan.  I've just decided to do it and make myself run.  I feel so much better afterwards and in general, getting started is just the problem!  Solutions for my excuses:

"I'm too tired." - I've been way more productive and way less sleep before.  suck it up.

"I've lost all my baby weight, so I really don't need to go run." - maybe, but I'm definitely not near as toned as I used to be!  And weight loss isn't why I like running.

"I don't have enough time." - yes you do.  Make time.  Let Jeremy make dinner one night.  Get off Facebook and Pinterest and Blogger and go run.

"I have to work tonight, so I should rest instead." - You'll be ok.  That's what coffee is for.  Plus, running will probably give me an extra energy boost.

"I need to give Jeremy a break from watching the boys."  - This one doesn't apply as much anymore since Jeremy now has a full time job and isn't stay at home daddy.  I'm sure he would actually like some quality time with just him and the boys.

"I need to spend time with the boys instead of going running." - run while they sleep, or when they're at daycare. Or better yet, take them with me.  Better workout, and they love being outside.

So that's it.  Excuses are no more.  Running is going to come back as a regular routine in my life.  I've already been a few times the past week or so.  I ran for 45 mins straight one day, did 3 miles another day, did 2.5 miles another and ran for 1 hour yesterday.  I hope to do a half marathon in the spring, and then maybe by next fall step it up and do a full.



**I hope to write a running update post each week, and I'll be linking up with Krystle over on her blog, 3 Little Men & A Mommy!  I'm looking forward to linking up and reading about other running mamas!

1 comment: