Sunday, June 17, 2012

To My Baby Daddy


Dear husband,

When we first met, it wasn't very long until I fell in love with you.  Did I have thoughts about us getting married and having children back then?  Sure I did, but I didn't really think about them in detail.  I always knew you would be a good dad, simply from how much fun we always had together, how you always had fun new things for us to do, how much you loved me and watched out for me, but I never really thought specifically of how you would look as a dad.  Now that is has happened, It has pretty much blown me away.

When we had been married for a while, and we started talking about having kids, there would be a little  twinkle in your eye every time we saw a baby, or talked about having kids.  Watching you with your 2 little nieces was the sweetest thing ever.  You would always watch out for them, and play with them, and it was clear that you loved being around them.  

When we first found out we were pregnant, you were just as excited as I was.  Then we found out we were having twins, you were even more excited.  I can still vividly remember the day we found out, and your surprised reaction, in exact detail.  I was the one crying on the way home, you were the one who was uncontainably excited. 

Throughout the whole pregnancy, you were so excited right along with me getting things ready for the boys, and waiting for them to be here.  When I ended up having to get induced, again, I was the one crying, you were the one who was soooo excited, saying, "but that means we get to meet our boys very soon!"

And then they got here.  And you became the most gentle, loving dad ever.  You were there with me up in the middle of the night, every night.  You would change diapers.  You would help with feedings. You would rock and sing them to sleep.  You would play with them and try to make them laugh.  

And then I had to go back to work, and you became the stay-at-home-daddy.  I don't think that there are very many guys who would be willing to stay at home with one baby, let alone two.  And you have done an amazing job.  You may not always think so, but it's true.  

One of my favorite things to do when I'm home is just to watch you interact with the boys.  They love you.  They love playing with you, crawling all over you while you lay on the ground.  They love to sit and rock with you in your chair.  They love the funny noises you make when you feed them, and they love to laugh at you when you dance for them.  They get sooo excited, jumping up and down when they see you coming home from somewhere.  Watching you take care of and love these boys has been the best part of our marriage so far.  

You have been the best dad ever to our babies, and I know that you always will be.  Thank you.

I love you, my dear.

Happy Father's Day!




oh, and I thought this was really funny!


2 comments:

  1. I <3 this post! Happy fathers day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love loooove this!!! Happy Father's Day, Jeremy!!

    ReplyDelete