Sunday, June 3, 2012

Accidental Cosleepers


This photo makes me laugh sooo much.  Not because it's just plain funny (because it is), but because I can totally relate to it as of late.

When I was pregnant, I didn't really think much about co-sleeping.  I won't get into details of my opinions right now on the topic, but I will say that I think that there are safe ways to cosleep, and I think that there are very unsafe ways to cosleep.  I think that you have to really prepare and research before deciding for yourself what is best.  Because I didn't really think about it much/research a whole lot about cosleeping during my pregnancy, that isn't what we chose to do with our boys.  We did however, have the boys sleep in a little "sidecar" crib that hooked onto the side of our bed for the first few months.  So we did cosleep in a way, I guess. 

Recently, we have become official cosleepers.  I don't know why, but our little Foxx has decided to no longer sleep peacefully through the night.  He goes to bed around 7, but somewhere between 10 and 2 he will wake up, and refuse to go back to sleep unless he is in bed with us.  We have tried rocking him back to sleep-he immediately wakes up when we lie him back down in his crib.  We tried letting him cry it out-that only made him scream worse, and in turn wakes up Judah.  We tried to let him sleep on us for a little while, and then lie him back in his crib-again, he would immediately wake up when we lay him down.  So Foxx now sleeps with us after he wakes up in the middle of the night, and has done so for about the past 3 weeks or so.

I can't say I'm upset about it though, I know it's only temporary, and I love the closeness and snuggles.  He either sleeps on my chest, or flat on the mattress next to us, with pillows on either side, in case he decides to roll.  Neither of us move much in our sleep (or we don't when a baby is in the bed anyhow), so worrying about rolling on top of him hasn't been an issue.  (I think there is a subconscious warning to my body that a baby is there!)  We all get more sleep this way, instead of being up and down all night with Foxx.  Judah hasn't had any sleeping issues, but he'll occasionally come join us an hour or so before it's time to actually wake up.    

I don't know what the cause of this night time waking is.  Maybe teething...both boys are getting their top 2 teeth (Foxx is actually getting 3 coming through on top).  

Accidental Cosleepers.

Anyone else's babies start waking up in the middle of the night around 9-10 months?






Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment