Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day


Last year around Mother's Day, this is what I looked like:


Somewhere between 22 and 24 weeks pregnant with little Judah and Foxx.  I was working on finishing up painting their nursery, and slowly gathering all the things I needed to be a new mom.  

It's crazy to think of them now, their energetic happy little selves, bouncing around wrestling and hiccuping in my belly like they so often would.  People wished me "Happy 1st Mother's Day!" back then, but really, it didn't mean anything to me quite yet.


This though, 9 months ago, this is the moment I became a mother.  When I heard their little cries.  When I saw their tiny perfect bodies.  When I held them against my chest.  That moment, was when it all started.  They were real.  They weren't just weird movements in my belly or pictures on an ultrasound screen anymore.  They were here, in my arms, perfect little people, that love created.    


From that moment on, I learned what it meant to be a mother.  I learned the amazement of seeing new life created and entering this world for the first time.  I learned that what I want no longer matters.  I learned that from then on out, everything I do must be in the best interests of my sons.  To see a part of yourself walk outside of your body, growing and learning the world around you, is an amazing experience.  I see it every time baby boys learn a new trick, every time they flash little grins at us, every time I rock them to sleep at night, every time their eyes light up when they see us walk into a room, every time they laugh with each other.  I have learned about a love so strong, that I can see just a tiny glimpse of how God's love is for His children.  

I have been so extremely humbled by becoming a mother.  It has taught me patience, perseverance, and a love beyond what I ever could have imagined.  I would do anything for these little boys, and wouldn't trade them for any other type of life that I could ever have.  We have some really bad days, and we have some really good days, but at the end of all those days, Jeremy and I always talk about how blessed we are to have the opportunity to spend our life together, joined by these awesome little dudes, and possibly even more children.  I couldn't imagine a better father to parent our children alongside me than what I have right now.  He reminds me of how strong I can and have to be sometimes.     


I have a new appreciation for all the mothers present in my life.  For my mom, mother-in-law, my grandmothers on mine and my husbands family, aunts and cousins on each sides of our families.  All these mothers have been in the very same place that I am, and each have done their very best for their children.  That has not gone unnoticed by anyone.  Everyone knows that a mother's love is unlike any other, and you really can't have a tangible hold on that until you actually become one.

Every mother, whether she be a single mom, a married mom, a divorced mom, a widowed mom, a mom whose children are in heaven, or an adoptive mother, a stay-at-home-mom, or a working mom, a mother is someone to be appreciated and loved, at all times. 



Happy Mother's Day Everyone!  







Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment