Sunday, May 20, 2012

Guest Post; The Girl in the Wild West








I'm proud to present another guest post today!  This one is from Helengrey, of The Girl in the Wild West.  She has a cute little blog with lots of yummy recipes, awesome DIY crafts, gardening tips, and writes about her adventures that she has out west.  I especially like this DIY Pomegranate Candle that she made!

Pomegranate candle! I have always wanted to make a candle inside something unusual. I was looking around the grocery store and thought a pomegranate would be the perfect candle.

Instructions:  Cut the wax very thin and put it in a foil pan in the oven at 350 degrees. After it has melted completely add your scents and dyes. Hold the wick into place and pour the candle wax into the holder. Enjoy!








.....................


Would you like to guest post on my blog?  I'd love to have you!  Email me at tuckersarahm@gmail.com if interested.  Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely and Great Idea! Pomegranate is originally from Persia ( Iran) and it is very meaningful for Persians and their celebrations. It is very ancient celebration named Yalda / or : Yalda night which is celebrating the longest night of the year (20th of DEC) and birth of Light ( Mithra). We, Persians use Pomegranate as a Symbol of this night and use it on this night. I am going to use this beautiful Candle for my Yalda night. :)
    Thanks,
    Mojie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and Great Idea! Pomegranate is originally from Persia ( Iran) and it is very meaningful for Persians and their celebrations. It is very ancient celebration named Yalda / or : Yalda night which is celebrating the longest night of the year (20th of DEC) and birth of Light ( Mithra). We, Persians use Pomegranate as a Symbol of this night and use it on this night. I am going to use this beautiful Candle for my Yalda night. :)
    Thanks,
    Mozhgan Hudiburgh

    ReplyDelete