Sunday, January 15, 2012

Parenthood


Being a parent is a full-time job.  I don't think I need to expand on that statement to anyone who has been around anyone with children.  Unlike a day-to-day run-of-the-mill career, there are no "sick days".  There are no shift-trades, personal days or vacation days.  It is a 24/7 job without monetary payment.  It is at times very difficult, but always extremely rewarding and humbling.  Having children has taught me a lot of patience.  There have been many days where I have woken up (in the middle of the night, or the morning) and thought...I can't do this.  I'm too tired, I don't feel good, I'm not strong enough, etc.  But somehow, I always did it.  I pushed through whatever ailed me at the time and took care of my babies.  Once you have kids, you are no longer the center of your life.  The kiddos take over the focus.  It can be hard to accept that at first, but once that realization has been met, once the fact that every single day of life from here on out is lived for my husband and my babies and not for myself is accepted, life can really begin.  You begin to see so much beauty, and love and energy that wasn't there before.  Every new day is about love.  God's love for us, our love for each other and our love for our children.  It's crazy how these things change so drastically.


Over the past few weeks, our little family has been a little under the weather.  Foxx got it first.  Cool boy didn't even act he was sick.  Snot pouring out his nose and he's just laughing away in between coughs.  Judah caught it next, and is still getting over the crud.  Jeremy had it last week.  I thought I was going to get away without catching it.

WRONG.

It finally got to me.  Although I don't have it full force (yet), I am definitely feeling it.  I'm more tired, I can't breathe through my nose when I wake up in the morning,  I have a headache most of the day, and sinus pressure like crazy.

Even though I wake up feeling like absolute crap, once the boys wake up and need something, my sickness is pushed aside.  I don't even realize just how bad I actually feel until the end of the day when the boys are sleeping and all is quiet in the house.

I'm a mom.  I don't get a chance to be sick.  


So I'm  not going to.  I'm going to will my sickness away.

That is all.








Give us a vote?
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs




No comments:

Post a Comment