Saturday, October 29, 2011

Baby-Wearing at Wally World


We took the kids to Walmart.  Apparently we went at the neighborhood-wide walmart hour, because everyone and their uncle was there.  I assume it was just all people scurrying to grab last minute halloween costumes and candies for their upcoming parties.  Anywho, we wore the boys in our carriers.  It started the minute we walked in the door:

"Awww how sweet!"

"Look at the twins!"

"I wanted twins, you're so lucky!"

"Oh my goodness how cute!"

We didn't pass a single person without hearing one of these statements, or getting huge smiles and nods.  Some of the smiles and nods I could tell were a little apology, saying "Oh dear, I can't imagine how hard that must be".  

It is hard.  It's been super hard especially the last few days.  I don't know if the boys are just not adjusting well to the weather change or they are having a growth spurt or what but it's been quite rough.  I'm just hoping this stage of eating every hour and half, refusing to take naps when they're overly tired and wanting to do nothing except be held will be over soon.

I say that, but then I need to remember that it's probably a stage.  And they are only at this stage of life one time.  I need to enjoy them for where they are, and not wish it away.  I need to take advantage of every minute that they want to be held, because it will go away, and then I will probably want it back.  Even if I don't have a clean house at the end of the day, even if I have a completely full bladder, and a very empty stomach, I am going to enjoy them where they are right now.

Because they're my babies.  And they're awesome.





Can I have a vote?  (Is this really annoying?)  My blog is moving up on the list!  (not that it really matters for anything, it's just kinda fun.)

Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

1 comment:

  1. Your babies are super cute! You have a great perspective on getting through a rough few days. :-) Dropping by (and following) from Follower Fest!

    ReplyDelete