Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!


This year was a brand new Christmas for us.  It was the first in our new house, and the first with our new family.  Even though the boys are too little to really partake in anything or know what's going on, it was still fun.  When the boys woke up, we all came downstairs and opened presents (Ok, so Jeremy and I opened presents, the boys played under their playmat.)  Are we awful parents because we didn't really get the boys anything?  I feel pretty bad now that I'm thinking more about it.  With Judah's surgery, my work and family Christmases, we really just never had the time to go out shopping for them.  And they can't really open a present and won't remember this one anyway right?  So it's ok.  I think.  Their grandparents got them some new books and toys, so at least they have something new.  Although things like their feet and each other usually entertain them more than any toy we own.

What did I get for Jeremy?  Well, he got this crazy cookie jar, which matches absolutely nothing in our kitchen.  He got this cookbook, which I'm pretty excited about also, a red bow tie, and a James Bond PS3 game.  What did he get for me?  He got me this Wii game, which is super fun and makes me feel like I'm 10 years old for loving it so much.  He got me a gift certificate for laser hair removal which I'm pumped about (no more shaving my legs?!  Yes please!).  He also did some awesome renovations in our kitchen as a present to me, and I will post pics of those soon.

We had a worship service at church in which we sung a bunch of Christmas carols.  We then went to ICE!, Nashville's annual ice sculpture exhibit.  Each year, there is a different theme for the ICE! event, usually pertaining to a children's movie, book, etc.  This year's theme was "Merry in Madagascar", with characters from the movie "Madagascar".  It was pretty cool, although I don't think it was worth the touristy amount of money we paid for the tickets.  At least the boys were free.
This photo is the only one we got of the 4 of us, unfortunately the guy who took it was apparently shaky and didn't know how to center it : /


After the boys went to bed, Jeremy made us dinner.  From here on out, we have decided to start a tradition with our Christmas dinners.  Each year, we are going to pick a different nationality and put a Christmas spin on the said nationalities' food.  This year, we chose to make mexican, and made some turkey tacos (taqueria style) with cranberry salsa, and eggnog tres leches cake for dessert.  
It was absolutely amazing!!! 


chopped, sauteed turkey breasts, cranberry salsa made with apples, jalapeños, lime juice and cilantro, and minced onions and cilantro.  I know this sounds weird, but it's sooooo good!


Egg Not Tres Leches cake...soft spongy cake soaked in homemade egg nog....mmmm!

It was a great first Christmas, and now we're just relaxing while the boys are asleep, next to our fireplace, with drinks in hand and watching A Christmas Story.



Merry Christmas Everyone!



Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment