Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thanks² Day 08




I'm thankful that I got a 2 hour uninterrupted nap today!

On a typical day in the Tucker household, I don't get a nap.  Baby boys go to bed around 730-8 ish each night, and wake up around 6.  I should go to bed shortly after they do, but I don't.  It's the only time of day that I get to myself and the time where I have to get stuff done (housework, cooking, etc).  Occasionally I can do some of this stuff while they nap, but since they have been fighting sleep lately, it takes so long to put them down for naps, and they rarely stay asleep for more than an hour at a time, it's hard to get much done.  I can sometimes get a load of laundry or part of dinner done during one of these naps, but I usually opt to find something quickly to eat and just chill for a second.  I sometimes try to take a nap while they nap, but I'm always on high-alert listening for them on the monitor that I can't really sleep well.

Today, Jeremy's parents were in town for a doctors appointment.  They stayed with us last night, and this morning, I was allowed to take a nap.  A nap that was upstairs, in my bed with no monitor next to me.  I could sleep without worrying about running into the babies' room to put in a pacifier or pat somebody back to sleep.  It was awesome.






Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment