Sunday, October 16, 2011

Twin Questions

When you have twins (or multiples of any order I'm assuming), people stop and stare at you.   Then they come up and scream in your babies faces and exclaim how cute they are, and continue on to ask a lot of questions.  Below are some conversations that I almost always have when I go out and about with my little guys.  (some are my actual responses, some are responses that I wish I wasn't too shy to say.)




"Oh my goodness, are those twins?!"


Um, no.  I had one baby and then I got pregnant again right afterwards and had a shorter gestation.  : )  Yes, they are twins.




"Are they identical?"

yup.




"Are they natural?"


yes.  Are there artificial twins?



"How can you breastfeed 2 babies, that can't work"


Really?  because I do indeed have 2 boobs.  I don't know about triplets+ though.



"Do they run in the family?"


Yup.  Jeremy's fault.  Don't let people tell you that identical twins don't run in families.



"I'm glad it's you and not me!"


Well I'm glad it's me too. Thankyouverymuch.



"How do you tell them apart?"


That one looks like Foxx, and that one looks like Judah.  (Also, Foxx has 2 hemangioma's for those people who are not us).


"Are they on the same schedule?"


Pretty much.


"Which is the evil twin?"


Neither of my babies are evil.  Oh was that suppose to be a joke? Ha.



"Oh man, I'm sorry. you must be so tired all the time!"


Don't be sorry.  I love them and wouldn't trade them for anything.  And I'm good, but thanks for the concern.



"What are their names?"


Judah and Foxx.  Yes, Foxx.  Like the animal. 2 x's.  It's ok that you don't like it.



"Are they your first bab(ies)?"


Yes.


"Boys or girls?"


Boys.  Dangit.  (Do I need to start putting them in all blue all the time?)



"How early were they born?"


They were term, at 37 weeks.


"Did they have to go to the NICU?"


Nope.  My boys were awesome breathers.


"How much did they weigh?"


5lb 3 oz and 6 lb 2 oz


"Did you have to have a C-section?"


Very unfortunately, yes.  Do you ask this to single baby mothers?



"Were you trying for twins?"


Can you please inform me on how one tries to have twins?  I'd like to know.  


"Oh your hands are so full!"


Good thing I don't know what it's like to have a single baby huh?



"Looks like someone has double trouble!"


Good one.  Haven't heard that before.  (Sympathy laugh)


"How far apart were they born?"


They were born at the exact same time.  They came out hugging one another.  (I really want to say this to someone!)








No comments:

Post a Comment