Saturday, February 5, 2011

Our Love Story


It all started at a Lipscomb University in the Fall semester of '05.  We were briefly introduced through some mutual friends.  We then starting hanging out a little bit...occasionally sat with one another at lunch, saw each other around campus, etc.  It wasn't until we saw each other at the Wild Horse Saloon that we consistently started hanging out.  Wild Horse is where you go when you are a freshman in college and not from Nashville.  It's just the thing to do.  They had line dancing lessons on saturdays.  Jeremy found me one night while I was there and made me dance with him.

From then on, we did things together all the time.  We went camping, we painted huge murals, we explored construction sites and hidden tunnels around campus, we went driving through Percy Warner at midnight, we had picnics, we went hiking, and we climbed trees.  He also was the first to introduce me to Krystal, and our diet pretty much consisted of that from then on out.

During the summer of '07, we went on a medical mission trip to Lima, Peru.  While we were there, we made a trip to Machu Picchu, which is one of the most beautiful places ever.


See?  Amazing.  It was on this trip that Jeremy asked me to be his wife.  During one of our first Valentine's, I had made a little booklet narrating the story of "us".  Jeremy brought out this story book while we were on top of Machu Picchu, enjoying the views.  He told me to finish the story.  As I read it a loud, I read the part he had added on at the end..."and while they were admiring God's beauty through nature, Jeremy asked Sarah to be his wife.".  I look down and Jeremy is on one knee with a ring.

It was perfect.

A year later, we convinced our parents to let us get married, even though I had a year left of nursing school.  Score!  They were convinced, and we had an awesome outdoor wedding.  Since Percy Warner was one of our favorite places to frequent while together, we decided it appropriate to get married there.
  


We were married 2 and a 1/2 years, before we found out that we were pregnant with twins! 



And that my friends, is what brings us together today.


No comments:

Post a Comment